Friday, May 16, 2008

First post

Where to start. Where to start. Start reading a diary and you think about all the times you didn't write about. The diaries that were started and not finished. The stories you would like to write about but have not. I am a 35-year old woman with three children. I have a wonderful husband. Why am I writing a blog? Wouldn't you think a woman who also works full time wouldn't have time for a blog?

I suppose I am writing a blog for my own sanity. Life isn't always perfect and some days I feel like running away. Ok yes, those are days when the older two are fighting and I remember a time when I was 20 and had no responsibilities. However I also had no fulfillment. A life as a mother, wife and professional seems like a crazed double-edge sword at times.

My husband is absolutely wonderful but gone are the times when I had a bunch of girlfriends and we could talk on the phone for hours. Just no time for that now and yet I have my preteen drama queen's daily drama, the anxiety of a 7-year old boy who is a perfect angel at school and some sort of demon in our home and a two-year old who is sweet but at the same time slightly irrational.

1 comment:

Rene said...

I am looking forward to reading your blog. You will really enjoy it!!

Rene